giovedì 26 ottobre 2017

Australia again on 4835 kHz?

** AUSTRALIA. For many years 4835 kHz. was the frequency of ABC Alice Springs NT, but that was shut down earlier this year and is now extinct. Craig Allen (owner and operator of the low powered "Ozy Radio," that was recently successfully testing on 5045 kHz., till off the air since Sept 7), now has the use of 4835 kHz.. He indicated to me "I was able to acquire this frequency off the government."

"Status: Not Granted"

Craig inquired as to what the current situation for me was regarding any 4835 reception. My reply:

"Here on the California coast the only station I occasionally do hear now on 4835 kHz. is All India Radio - Gangtok (Sikkim). Majority of days I can only hear their weak carrier, but when there is very good propagation, I can hear some faint audio. Here is a recording I made earlier this year - http://goo.gl/Jw2yxo . They play nice subcontinent music. As you can hear, even on a very good day, they have rather poor reception via their 10 kW transmitter. AIR Gangtok schedule: 0100-0415 UTC & 1030-1600 UTC.

Can only guess that Ozy Radio would have no real problem on most days of being heard here in California over AIR  Gangtok. It is rare that reception of AIR Gangtok on 4835 kHz. is reported in the SW listening press, unless from within India or that general area."

Would indeed be wonderful to again have an Australian station on 4835. Wish Craig good luck with his endeavors! (Ron Howard, Oct 25, San Francisco, CA, dxldyg via DX LISTENING DIGEST)