domenica 30 gennaio 2022

Radio Luxembourg op Radio Classic Sunday

What radio and music lover has not listened to it for hours, the famous Radio Luxembourg. The principles could already be heard on the long wave in 1929. In 1933 they really got off to a good start at 1193 meters. The great success came from 1952 when she switched to the 208 meter 1440 KHZ, The Station of the stars. With 1200 kilowatts, the range was enormous in Europe and far beyond.

There were broadcasts in many languages, even programs aimed at the Netherlands with Dutch radio presenters. Peter van Dam, Felix Meurders, Stan Haag, Peter Koelewijn were the big names in the Dutch department.

My first radio discoveries go back to 1973. As a 7-year-old male, my father gave me a Sony pocket radio as a gift. In bed under the covers in the dark I listened in with my earplug to the broadcasts of Radio Luxembourg. I thought it was magical, all those voices and music from such a box. For many years I regularly tuned in to Luxembourg, I thought the presentation was great and then those Jingles, I loved it and thanks to those broadcasts my radio love started.

Not only was Radio Luxembourg a party for me, but for millions they were the medium to get information beyond your own borders. And don't forget all the music from all those different countries, for many that is how the love for French and Italian music originated. You heard the pictures there that you would only hear much later within your own national borders.

If you ask an average radio or music lover about his radio teens, Radio Luxembourg is mentioned first and the eyes start to shine again and the warm sentimental feelings of that time come back to the surface.

On January 30, 2022, Radio Classic Sunday pays attention to that magical radio station, where it all started for many. For 3 hours the Radio Luxembourg hits of the past interspersed with the most beautiful Radio Luxembourg jingles.

A morning of sentiment on 6185 KHZ, you can't miss it.