domenica 23 maggio 2010

Star Radio is testing 4025

** LIBERIA. Wanted to let you know that Star Radio is conducting tests on 4025 kHz. The transmitter I built is small, 2,500 watts, but I tried to make up for it with antenna gain, as the had specific areas they wanted to cover. I didn't have to go to Monrovia, because the whole transmission system was designed as a "kit". They all came to the factory and I took them step-by-step thru the transmitter install, tower erection, and tuning the antenna system. Here are the details of the system. The transmitter is a Solid State Class E modulated via a Pulse Width Modulator. Power out is continuously adjustable from 0 to 2,500 watts. The antenna is a "Bow-Tie" dipole, fed with Open-Wire Line, and a Link-Coupled Antenna Tuning Unit. Antenna height is approximately 50 feet. It was to be oriented broadside East / West. I don't know the exact Geo coordinates. I'm going to get on the site and look for reports on Star Radio. Please tell everyone I said Hi, and thank them for the reports. Talk to you later (Jamie Labadia, May 23, DX LISTENING DIGEST)