venerdì 9 maggio 2008

DRM reception

Info sulle trasmissioni DRM della VT ricevute via email da Giovanni Lorenzi

----- Original Message -----
From: Briggs, James
To: GIOVANNI LORENZI
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: DRM reception


Hi Giovanni, many thanks for the report, seems reception conditions were very stable and you got a good signal. I did have some reports that the audio levels were not set up properly last week.
The company I work for, VT Communications, carry out many DRM broadcasts for Radio stations, so we are a service provider. Normally the DRM service comes from one of our UK sites, Woofferton, Rampisham or Skelton (this is DW only on 3995 kHz). We also operate a MF freq (1296) for BBC World Service. I have an article published in Radio World about 1 yesr ago that I can email you if you are interested.
At the moment I am working on DVB-T in the UK, we are going to use a lot of Italian equipment the TV transposers are made by Screen.
Would be nice if you can put the results the forum at www.drmrx.org
Kind regards, James


-----Original Message-----
From: GIOVANNI LORENZI
Sent: Sat 3/22/2008 6:19 PM
To: Briggs, James
Subject: DRM reception


STAZIONE RADIOAMATORIALE ITALIANA
IT9TZZ
ESCLUSIVAMENTE IN TELEGRAFIA
INTELLIGENTI PAUCA

Hi, I'm Giovanni Lorenzi and I'm a amateur radio. I've made by myself a down converter and I'm tring to receiver the DRM broadcasting station. I've tuned the broadcast od Radio Prague on 9750 kHz from 1330 to 1400 UTC using a receiver Yaesu FRG-7000 and an antenna dipole. The signal received was very good and stable, the DRM reception was excelent.
I include in this mail the imagie of reception as generate by DREAM software. I hope to helpfull.
I wish to receive some information about your DRM service and other.
I'm looking forward to next report.
73 de Giovanni, IT9TZZ